December 11, 2016

Stepping into the Wardrobe

Shall we begin then?

Today's review: Haikyuu!! Season 3 episode 10
Genre: Sports
English-subtitled only
I'll review the series as a whole later, but I thought this would be a cool place to start.
Story: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Animation: 10/10
Music: 9/10

This is such a unique sports anime that brings so much life to the genre. The characters are all unique, have motivations and aspirations, and are fun to watch. They all want to win, and by this episode, while I was certainly still rooting for Karasuno, I could feel and empathize with Shiratorizawa. The emotions ran high, and the ending to the last set was not a disappointment. While Hinata seems to be the main protagonist, with Kageyama a close second, the episode managed to give a multitude of characters their time to shine, and also set-up the next arc for season 4 (has is been confirmed yet? I'll have to check). Great ending to the season, and a beautiful addition to the sports genre and anime as a whole. 
Coach Ukai's voice actor Kazunari Tanaka will be missed, and I hope to become used to Hisao Agawa's Ukai in the future.

That's all I have for right now, but I'll be posting the next step of the journey soon!
P.S: Let me know if you got the title reference😉

No comments:

Post a Comment